Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for storing (too many) stuffed animals in bedroom

Posted by heidiz (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 13:02

My daughter is 6 and loves her stuffed animals. We have her on a "give away one, before you add another" plan now, but there are too many taking up space on shelves and her bed. I have one of those hanging hammocks and a book shelf full. I've thought of using floating shelves... Any other ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for storing (too many) stuffed animals in bedroom

She's six; any chance you can reduce the collection a little bit by having her choose some to give to kids who don't have any toys? With the holiday season approaching, that might be a tactic to try.

Otherwise, you will either need to add more storage or reduce the collection. Maybe add another hanging hammock--they are easy to put up and to take down and not as permanent as floating shelves.

Or maybe box some of the extras up for a month or two, to see if she misses them.

Or maybe give her a huge incentive to reduce the collection. Is there some toy/game that she really wants, but there isn't room for, because she has so many stuffed animals? Is she mature enough to understand that if she clears a certain amount of space, say the space taken up by 20 stuffed animals, there will be room for the thing she really wants?

o

My dd is 7. She doesn't like to give up stuffed animals either. Last year we got a puppy. He got into all of her stuffed animals and started playing with them. She was willing to let him have several. It helped weed out what she really didn't care about. You might see if she would be willing to donate the animals to an animal shelter or zoo or something. Let her get rid of everything she thinks the animals might like. Of course, not all stuffed animals are safe to pass on. It would at least give you the chance to see what is important to her so you can remove the rest.

o

My girls are 6 and 7 and both love stuffed animals and had way too many in their room. We implemented a "get 1=get rid of 2" plan. (Now if only I could do the same for some of my things.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here