Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sue36_gw

Spacing linen closet shelves? Need help quickly.

sue36
15 years ago

The carpenter is coming Thursday morning to do my linen closet. It's about 38x38 (interior dimensions) with a regular swing (outward) door. The ceilings are 8'3". I was thinking of doing 2 24" shelves (the two lowest, to hold folded comforters) and then doing 4 16" shelves. I will use to remainder of the closet depth to somehow hang the vac hose on the right side wall.

I measured a few of the Rubbermaid containers I have (the large ones) and they seem to max out at 18" tall, so I was thinking of having the bottom shelf at 19" off the floor so I can slide a container under there. Then a 16" space to the next 24" shelf, then 14" (above the second 24" shelf), then 10" spaces for the remainder. That leaves about 15 1/2" from the top shelf to the ceiling (space for out of season shoes in shoe boxes or clear sweater bags).

We have a closet in each bathroom, so the closet won't be used to store bath towels. It will hold sheets, blankets, comforters, comforter covers, table linens and beach towels.

What do you think? Any comments are appeciated. Thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks