Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got rid of soooooo much stuff to Boy Scouts garage sale!

Posted by mommabird (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 14, 09 at 22:52

Tomorrow is the big day - the H-U-G-E garage sale my sons' boy scouts troop puts on every summer. We started setting up at 2:00 last Sunday and have worked every day since.

My goal was: every time I drove down to the church to sort & set up, take a FULL van load of my own clutter. I did it! 8 trips - 8 vanloads GONE.

It's only stratched the surface but I can tell a big difference in the garage & the 2 younger sons' room. (Oldest son is pretty neat & not a clutterbug).

2 old bikes out of the garage, about 10 old lawn chairs out of the garage, 2 shelving units, 2 sets of unused skiis & poles, a big box of outgrown soccer cleats, dozens of bags of outgrown kids clothes, a HUGE box of shoes from all of us, box of purses, tons of my own clothes. It feels SO GOOD to get all that out of my house!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got rid of soooooo much stuff to Boy Scouts garage sale!

Terrific effort for a wonderful, worthwhile organization. Thank you.

o

Wonderful, the best part is whatever doesn't sell, the Boy Scouts will get rid of it or donate it, it's never coming back to you! I donated a bunch of stuff to my daughters'
school when they held a giant White Elephant sale. Thw most embarassing item was an electric breast punp from my breast feeding days. Wht did I keep that around so long?

o

Sounds like you did a good thing - both for yourself and for the Boy Scout troop. Congratulations!

o

I'm so happy for you! Ride the wave of excitement, and continue to declutter a bit every day..

o

Yay, mommabird!

That's a lot of space reclaimed in your home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here