Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clean Sweep Club

Posted by mommabird (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 21:42

My neighborhood has a Facebook page - it's a community forum where we share news & ideas. I posted this week to see if anyone is interested in forming a Clean Sweep club. So far, we have 15 people. We are going to rotate around to each other's house doing a room at a time. I'm first, since it was my idea. Next Sunday we're going to Clean Sweep my bedroom! I hope folks actually show up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clean Sweep Club

Sounds like a great idea! You're brave. I don't think I could let people do that in my bedroom. It's where I hide things. I'd love for someone to tackle my kitchen.

o

What a great idea! I used to be in a garden club. All the members were middle-age (or older) women. We rotated meetings among members homes and weeded each garden when we visited. After our work was done, we sat around chatting and the homeowner would make us a fancy lunch. Great fun. The group fell apart when one member died and a couple others got divorced

This post was edited by jannie on Sat, Aug 17, 13 at 7:54

o

It's a great idea, and I've thought of trying to organize something like this. But I'm afraid it would end up that some people would never show up for the work, but would take the help.

o

Mommabird, that is a great idea! Did anyone show up? I like Jannie's idea of using it to garden, one yard at a time. Much more fun that doing it by yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here