Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help with shoe storage!

Posted by swmbo (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 25, 06 at 21:06

Hi, I'm new here, I have been a lurker for some time and have received quite a number of useful tips, I also enjoy the friendly and helpful spirit that is shown here, I wonder if you may be able to help me!
I need some ideas for storing DS shoes. At the moment they are all in a basket at the bottom of his wardrobe. I would like to improve on this as it does not look the best. He has about 6 pairs - he has quite a long available floor space at the base of his wardrobe - nothing else is kept there except a small backpack. He has 2 large sliding wardrobe doors, so I am unable to use a over the door shoe organizer.
Any suggestions would be very appreciated, and also if you would like more info, just let me know . Thanks :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help with shoe storage!

My husband like the two level rack type shoe holders like the link below. It's just right for six pair of shoes. I prefer mine just to be lined up neatly on the closet floor. We also have sliders on our entry closets and a small rack will keep them within easy reach on just one side.

Gloria

Here is a link that might be useful: small shoe rack

o

Thanks Gloria, I have had thoughts of a shoe rack like you described. It is good to hear that your hubby likes that style.
Shoes are a bit of a problem in our home, we have tried hanging shoe (cloth) bags in wardrobes, boxes, storing them in an old 6 drawer dresser in the garage etc and I am running out of ideas, I did not know if there was another alternative that was working for some of you, I would love to hear them!

o

This might not work for your son, but it is about the neatest shoe storage solutions I've seen. It's pretty enough to go right by the front door.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

But extremely functional!

This was made with Akurum cabinets from IKEA, originally posted on the IKEAFansite.

o

Oops! I misposted there. Here's the shoe cabinet open. Thanks to emilymch on ikeafans.com for these photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here