Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justgotabme

My Laundry Room Clean Up PIX

justgotabme
15 years ago

Well, thanks to Jamie I finally took the time to put away my folded laundry and clean my laundry room. I've just been having so much fun redoing a couple pieces of furniture that I didn't want to take the time to do it. Hey, it's not like anyone sees that room, but hubby and I. Right?

Wrong! Thanks again to Jamie for showing us her laundry room before and after pictures I decided I could do it to. So here side by side are the befores and afters. Hopefully you can tell the difference. :^D

THANKS JAMIE!

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

And the next two are both afters of the wall decor. I know it has nothing to do with organizing, but I wanted to show them since all but the two house prints belonged to my Mom. She passed away in June of '95 and I wanted a room with the items of her's I received after she passed.

Since there's no other room that's more of a Mom's room than the laundry room I decided to use them in here. If I would have thought of it soon enough, I would have painted the walls something other than stark white. One of these days I'll repaint them a color Mom would have loved.

{{!gwi}}

This is two separate pictures put together since I couldn't get far enough back to get it all in one pix.

{{!gwi}}

We are hoping to add shelving and rod over the washer and dryer this weekend after we paint the Gentlemen's Parlor. It will be like a standard closet rod and shelf only stained. We'll also replace the temp shelves with one full width narrow shelf over the backs of the washer and dryer to better hold the baskets of laundry supplies.

~Becky

Comments (9)

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Nice! My laundry room is small. Never thought of using the cubbies in the laundry room. Very nice touch that you have your Mom's things displayed in there.

• jamie_mt
    15 years ago

Hey, congrats on getting it all cleared up and cleaned out! Feels better now, doesn't it? :-)

And lovely job hanging your mom's pictures - do I see a lovely light terra cotta color in your future (seems like it would work well behind that style of decor).

Good luck with the shelf/rod hanging. I don't know what I'd do without my laundry room rod.

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you dd50. The cubbies come in very handy for storing cleaning supplies, rags and those socks that loose their mates.
    Jamie, you are so right that it feels good to have it clean. I hate when I let things go in there. There's absolutely no reason to since our bedroom is just across the hall.
    I'm just about ready to head into the city to Home Depot to get the wood I need to make one long shelf for over the back of the W&D, a shelf to use to make a closet type shelf and rod for over the table that I use to fold clothes on and a shelf that really fits over the cubbies. That one was left over from when we did the master closet. I will stain them and get them ready for Sunday afternoon when hubby can help me install them. I'll be so happy to have a premanant rod insted of the closet extending rod I have been using.
    Thanks again!
    ~Becky

• straitlover
    15 years ago

RE the wire cubbies you have - did yours come w/ those canvas containers/baskets/holders or did you buy them separately? I have a rack just like that in my office, and I would love to put some containers like you have in it!

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

straitlover, I bought them separately. If you have a Target they have them on sale now and then. Mine are all the same color, though they don't look it in these pictures, but you can get them in a variety of colors and fabrics. Check for clearance ones too. Sometimes the fancier one's don't sell and they clearance them. Shopko and Pamida carries them too if you have those stores.

• straitlover
    15 years ago

I will check at Target (don't hvae the other stores). The wire rack I have came from Target, too! Thanks!

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You are very welcome!

• justgotabme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got the wood yesterday to finish this room off! Yay!!!! I'll make one long shelf (from wall to wall) for over the washer and dryer. Another for over the table used to fold clothes that will have a rod for hanging things from out the dryer. And one that truly fits for over the cubbies where I lay clothes after they've been folded. Only now I'll make sure to take them and put them away before they look like they did above.

• brugloverZ9
    15 years ago

jgbm...Get! Please post a picture when it is finished!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!