Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kanu_gw

Baby Clothes

kanu
15 years ago

I have tons of Baby Clothes(Twin Girls), most of them worn only a couple of times.

I gave away a lot of Unisex clothes to my family. Now I am left with all the Girlie stuff.

Any ideas how I can make some cash out of it? I sure could use the cash for updating the kids room furniture.

Comments (12)

• donnawb
    15 years ago

Try a consignment shop in your area.

• sheriz6
    15 years ago

Consignment shops are terrific. My DD had most of her clothes bought from and sold back to the same shop and her entire baby / toddler wardrobe cost next to nothing.

If there are no consignment shops in your area, there's always ebay, but that can be a lot of work for not much return unless the clothes have designer labels.

If you decide donate the clothes, just make sure you can get a record of the donation with a dollar value on it for a tax write-off.

• jannie
    15 years ago

A consignment shop if you need the money (who doesn't) but definitely donate anything else. I bundled up old baby clothes in bags and sold them for $2 each at a garage sale. Don't bother keeping anything. My kids are now 19 and 20 and have no interest in looking at their old stuff. I kept babyspoons and hand-knit sweaters, nobody even bothers to look at them. Photos in a book are at least neat and compact.

• chrisdoc
    15 years ago

If it is designer labe then i've heard ebay will work well.

My wife does a couple consignement sales/yr. The ones were you have to tag everything you owne then work a shift and they still take about 30% of the proceeds. I joke w/ her all the time that she would make more money if she got a part time job at McDonalds.

So unless you are considering working for less than minimum wage, I would suggest donating it and takinging the tax deduction. Mabye donate it to a local woman's shelter or something. It might make more of a difference than dropping it off at the local good will.

• jannie
    15 years ago

i brought baby items, including my maternity clothes and a crib, to a local group that helps unwed mothers, called "Borthright". They were very pleased and I got a receipt for taxes.

• mboston_gw
    15 years ago

Do you have a local Craigslist?

• mkrzyz22
    15 years ago

I also have twins, boys. I have a TON of baby clothes I plan to try to sell on ebay or craigslist.

• socks
    12 years ago

As for e-bay, why couldn't you sell the clothes in lots. 10 dresses for 10.99 or whatever. To try to sell kids' clothing one by one would not be cost effective.

• LuAnn_in_PA
    12 years ago

I bet the OP already got rid of those clothes...
    this thread is almost THREE YEARS old.....

• jannie
    12 years ago

I got rid of my baby clothes years and yeaes ago. My youngest is now 21. As I said above, there are many charities that will be happy to accept clothing. The one I used is called "Birthright". They help pregnant girls to carry and deliver their children safely.

• des_arc_ya_ya
    12 years ago

Run you an ad in the local paper. I bet there's a mom of twin girls out there who would be thrilled to death to gt a bargain on cute clothes for her girls!

• marie_ndcal
    12 years ago

Here, the Domestic Violence takes all the baby/children clothes they can get.