Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The best place to store books?

Posted by homeorganization (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 13, 09 at 15:51

I love to read and I always buy the books I read.

A book shelf would be the best place to store my books but I don't want to spend a ton of money on a book shelf. Is there any suggestions on alternate storage or easy instructions on how to build my own?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The best place to store books?

We finally bit the bullet and bought several inexpensive bookcases at a Staples, but I'm always seeing bookcases go by on Craigslist. That might be a good place to start.

o
RE: The best place to store books?

I too was going to suggest Craigslist, but often they go fast so you have to watch closely. There's also thrift stores, but they usually go out the door soon after they come in.
I doubt there's any cheap way to build one unless you can find used lumber on CL. Check the materials listings. Often builders get rid of their extras that way. Be creative.
Hubby and I love to read. He shares with our son and friends, I started buying mine at thrift stores since I'm not one that has to read the latest when it first comes out. If you do that you could save enough to buy some bookselves. We have a library in our home which I thought was for books, but hubby seems to thinks it for anything he wants to cram in there. So not pretty. I did buy some inexpensive black plastic shelving at Target that I use for lighter things on the upper shelves and stack my books in baskets on the bottom shelves.
You could store them under the bed in containers made for under the bed. So much waisted space there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here