o
organizing the lazy susan in kitchen

Posted by janew22 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 15:26

any ideas please?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: organizing the lazy susan in kitchen

What do you keep on the lazy susan and where it is, i.e. on a counter, in a cabinet?

o

Begin by sorting through what you keep on the lazy susan. Then hit the dollar store for containers. Take a list of what you want to store and look for containers

Use baskets--the plastic ones you get in the dollar store. Arrange them around the lazy susan and put smaller baskets or containers in between. Put like things in each basket. The smaller ones can hold things like jello packages or gravy mix or other things that come in small packages. The larger ones can hold things like extra rice or pasta or brown sugar or whatever.

Arrange like things together. Put all your vinegars together so you know where to look when you need some. My DIL has a small lazy susan on one side of hers that holds spices. When you are arranging make sure you balance the weight all around so the lazy susan turns smoothly

o

I have a lazy susan on my kitchen table. I keep napkins, sugar, low cal sugar substitute, salt and pepper, plus any frequently used spices, like red pepper (for pizza) and nutmeg (which I like). It's sort of like the condiments you see at a restaurant. I keep ketchup and BBQ sauce and vinegars in the vfridge.

o

I have a 2-shelf lazy susan in the corner cupboard next to the stove. I use it for pots and pans. I bought a rack from the container store that will hold all 3 of my frying pans and it keeps me from having to stack those. there is plenty of room for each pan or pot.

This is a 2nd home that doesn't have as much stuff as the primary home, and I'm finding that not stacking pots and pans is really cool. The lids are on the pans, and I just need to pick it up off the shelf.

o

I have a lazy susan in the corner at the bend in my counter where the straight counter meets the eating counter with stools, in the base cabinets.

I would not put any glass bottles with liquid in them, like vinegars or oils in case they accidentally were knocked over and broke. I actually use that space for small and larger appliances. The iron, the coffee grinder, the immersible blender, the attachments for the food processor. Even a bread maker and
a crock pot fit on it. I do try to put the heavy items close to the center to
distribute the weight. So far so good. It's been 15 yrs I've been doing it and it is still working fine. I also have some covers for glass bowls there.

I don't think that is the ideal use for this cabinet with the lazy susan in it, but I'm not sure what is. I may rethink it if I ever find the time. Also looking for ideas. Mine works fine the way it is, but I do think less heavy items would work better for most people.

o

My mom has a lazy susan lower cabinet that she keeps all her casserole dishes and storage containers in. She fits quite a lot in there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here