janew22_gw

organizing the lazy susan in kitchen

janew22
11 years ago

any ideas please?!

Comments (6)

• camlan
    11 years ago

What do you keep on the lazy susan and where it is, i.e. on a counter, in a cabinet?

• dowlinggram
    11 years ago

Begin by sorting through what you keep on the lazy susan. Then hit the dollar store for containers. Take a list of what you want to store and look for containers

Use baskets--the plastic ones you get in the dollar store. Arrange them around the lazy susan and put smaller baskets or containers in between. Put like things in each basket. The smaller ones can hold things like jello packages or gravy mix or other things that come in small packages. The larger ones can hold things like extra rice or pasta or brown sugar or whatever.

Arrange like things together. Put all your vinegars together so you know where to look when you need some. My DIL has a small lazy susan on one side of hers that holds spices. When you are arranging make sure you balance the weight all around so the lazy susan turns smoothly

• jannie
    11 years ago

I have a lazy susan on my kitchen table. I keep napkins, sugar, low cal sugar substitute, salt and pepper, plus any frequently used spices, like red pepper (for pizza) and nutmeg (which I like). It's sort of like the condiments you see at a restaurant. I keep ketchup and BBQ sauce and vinegars in the vfridge.

• bspofford
    11 years ago

I have a 2-shelf lazy susan in the corner cupboard next to the stove. I use it for pots and pans. I bought a rack from the container store that will hold all 3 of my frying pans and it keeps me from having to stack those. there is plenty of room for each pan or pot.

This is a 2nd home that doesn't have as much stuff as the primary home, and I'm finding that not stacking pots and pans is really cool. The lids are on the pans, and I just need to pick it up off the shelf.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    11 years ago

I have a lazy susan in the corner at the bend in my counter where the straight counter meets the eating counter with stools, in the base cabinets.

I would not put any glass bottles with liquid in them, like vinegars or oils in case they accidentally were knocked over and broke. I actually use that space for small and larger appliances. The iron, the coffee grinder, the immersible blender, the attachments for the food processor. Even a bread maker and
    a crock pot fit on it. I do try to put the heavy items close to the center to
    distribute the weight. So far so good. It's been 15 yrs I've been doing it and it is still working fine. I also have some covers for glass bowls there.

I don't think that is the ideal use for this cabinet with the lazy susan in it, but I'm not sure what is. I may rethink it if I ever find the time. Also looking for ideas. Mine works fine the way it is, but I do think less heavy items would work better for most people.

• tripletmom83
    11 years ago

My mom has a lazy susan lower cabinet that she keeps all her casserole dishes and storage containers in. She fits quite a lot in there.