Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Revolving bookcase: where can I find one?

Posted by laurahead (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 31, 08 at 14:42

Have tons of books and not enough space. I'd love to find an affordable (non-antique) revolving bookcase like the one in the link below. Any ideas? Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: revolving bookcase

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Revolving bookcase: where can I find one?

Ikea sells one. I can't post a link, sorry. (I'm not very computer savvy. ) I bought one and couldn't put it together. I had to hire a handyman to assemble it for me. Cost me an extra $30, but well worth it. the bookcase takes up very little room, and holds probably 200 books.

o

WOW that's a lot for the revolving book case. I bought one that isn't rustic like in your link, more formal library style and paid $150. I think it was on Overstock so chances of it still being sold are slim.

Good luck-one must be out there.

o

Jannie,

I tried to take it upon myself to post a link to the IKEA revolving bookcase, but couldn't find it on the IKEA site. Could you tell us a little more about it?

o

I actually posted a query on IKEA-Fans to follow-up on her helpful suggestion. Will keep everyone posted - this has become My Great Quest. Note that DVD spinning cases are a dime a dozen, but bookcases are rare and pricey. Not a good reflection of contemporary culture.

o

Levenger has a revolving bookcase.

Here is a link that might be useful: Levenger

o

There are tons of little-kid versions. Some are really goopy, but there are some sleek, utilitarian wooden ones.

You could put casters or a lazy-susan-type base on this one

here is a very similar one already ON casters.
search for "four-sided bookcase"

o

Thanks, Talley Sue. That is very helpful.

o

Laura, are you hoping to find one with the bottom just like the one you linked to? Other than the bottom I could build one and would be willing to give you an estimate on cost if you'd like. I normally don't ship things I make since it's just so much easier not to have to deal with it, but I feel so bad you can't find one.
~Becky <><
You can email me directly if you click on my nickname if you'd rather reply that way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here