Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brugloverz9

Neat laundry room idea!

brugloverZ9
15 years ago

With so many people talking about laundry rooms I thought I would post this idea I just saw in the book "A Place for Everything" by P.Wolfman & C. Gold.

I need to return the book to the library and thought this one one of the nicest ideas in it!

Not sure it will be readable...but they made a heavy curtain with gromets and hung it from below a shelf or I suppose a cabinet with cup hooks. It is to hide the plugs and equipment on the wall. Then they used the curtain to hang photos, etc on!

I think I might try it!

Comments (7)

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Good idea!

I did a similar thing with a tension rod between the shelf brackets, then put cup hooks on the top of the frame and hooked it to the tension rod. I can easily take the frame down if I need to get to the hoses and valves.

• talley_sue_nyc
    15 years ago

Mustangs, when I write my book, will you let me use your pictures and your stories in some of my chapters?

That's a great idea, to cover the plugs. Why have the visual clutter if you don't need it?

• jamie_mt
    15 years ago

That is such a great idea!! I might have to do that on my boring white basement wall. I've ordered some metal signs to hang over the washer/dryer, but that sort of a background would be ever so much more interesting...

Thanks! :-)

• maryliz
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing this great idea. The photos are helpful. (Thanks for yours, too, Mustangs.) I might be able to use this idea in my own mud room / laundry room. I plan to have a shelf above the (top-load) washer, so I can just scoop the laundry powder right into the machine. Why not use the space under the shelf for a curtain / cork board to hide all the hoses and power cords, plus have a little room to pin up some postcards, reminders, etc.? Why not have a pretty laundry room?

MaryLiz

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Will you let me use your pictures and your stories in some of my chapters? Talley_Sue, I would be honored!!! You have been an inspiration for several of my organizational success.

• brugloverZ9
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mustangs...not sure where your rod and curtain are in the photo...below the cabinet or below the shelf. You did such a good job I can't even see it! Please let me know where it is.
    Your laundry room is so nice and tidy...Good for you! I like your sign too...about "colors" !

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Thank you Bbrugloverz9! The small tension rod is wedged between the two triangular shaped brackets that are holding the shelf up. I can just slide the checker board frame over to access the valves and hoses.