Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally gave away two big bags of stuff!

Posted by harriethomeowner (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 08 at 13:34

I'd been throwing unwanted clothes and shoes into some big bags for at least 6 months but never could get up the fortitude to give them away. Finally, Purple Heart called and I put them out and they're gone! I don't even remember all that was in there, but whatever it was, I'm sure I won't miss it.

Now will have to start another bag ...

And work on getting a basement's worth of stuff listed on Freecycle ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally gave away two big bags of stuff!

That's great and the more you do the easier it gets.

o

Congrats! Feels good to have it finally gone, I bet...

o

The best part is that you won't even miss that stuff. Doesn't it feel good? Big smile! MaryLiz

o

Good for you to finally let go of it. They do say that if you haven't used what's in the bag or box for 6 months, it means you don't need it.

Sometimes all we need is that push to get something done or just a phone call. It's easier when someone says they'll come and get it because it really takes away any excuses to hang on to it.

o

Yup. I have no idea what I gave away last year via Freecycle but I sure love the empty space it left!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here