Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nothing like a dead fridge!!

Posted by beache (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 05 at 11:54

My old fridge started dying. It would cool, but then shut down, so the new one came this morning. I spent much of yesterday cleaning out the old one. What a great feeling! I threw out so many things I'd been keeping "just in case" (like rice flour, dried coconut, capers that I bought for one stupid recipe).

I found meat in the back that was so freezer burned. It's all going in the garbage. So nice to start fresh! And with my new bottom freezer fridge, I'll be able to see all the fresh food so much better. Maybe no more green leftovers in the back!

It got me motivated to go on to the rest of the house!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nothing like a dead fridge!!

What are great happenstance! Congratulations on your new bottom freezer fridge. By the way, how many cubic feet in the freezer and then in the fridge?

Thanks!

o

I love my bottom freezer fridge because it's much easier to see what I have in the fridge part and I do a lot less bending since I don't go into the freezer that often.

It's fun to get something new, especially when it inspires us to get more organized in other parts of the house.

o

I once had a flood in my basement when my clothes washer overflowed . Took me about four hours to drag everything out to the garbage. And that's what a lot of it was all along-just garbage. Brown paper bags I was saving, ratty old towels, stuff like that. The basement looked beautiful after I mopped up the water, and the lineoleum floor got washed in the process.

o

Then there is my neighbor who will soon be selling her place w/ TWO freezers full of rotten food ..... she sez she just doesn't do nasty things, won't touch them ..... and the buyer can get rid of the freezers!!! DUH!!!!! I should also add that if anything spoils in refrigerator, like a casserole, the casserole DISH gets tossed, along a/ the offending rot!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here