Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amazing Closet Idea!

Posted by lazygardens (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 24, 10 at 11:49

Ana, of Knock Off Wood, knocks it way out of the ballpark!

http://www.knock-offwood.com/2010/08/behind-closet-doors.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Closet Doors

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amazing Closet Idea!

Just in case anyone is worried, this is not spam. Lazygardens is a long time poster and the website gives free directions for a great closet conversion.

o

I saw that this morning. She is amazing!! I love her furniture plans. This past weekend I built her secretary desk and it was so easy.

o

WOW, Lazygardens, that closet conversion is Incredible! Thanks for posting this. Sometimes I feel this forum isn't what it used to be, so I always appreciate a new and helpful post like this one.

Homedecor, please find another place to hawk your spam. Thank You.

o

I am SO going to do that to the entry closet - even if all I get is a 18-inch unit on that door, it's going to be wunnerful.

I already have everything I need as scrap, including the wheels.

o

So clever!

Lazygardens, hope you don't mind but I started a post about this idea on the Home Decorating forum.

o

Sometimes I feel this forum isn't what it used to be

CdL, I voiced this same thought to Tamara when we had lunch. I miss the old energy and input.

o

Oh, well I'm so glad it's not just me! There seemed to be more posts like this one at one time, which I thought was extremely helpful and had more to do with actual organizing. It seems like there's an excessive attraction now to subjects like hoarding, which don't really benefit the general population, and fewer that inspire. You know...I'm always in need of inspiration!

o

You may not need the wheels. If the door is not a hollow core door and has a decent stile -- even veneer over MDF, then replacing the hinge screws with longer - minimum 2" screws should be enough to hold the weight of the shelving unit and its contents. Unless you are storing bowling balls or something like that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here