Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazy_gardens

Amazing Closet Idea!

lazy_gardens
13 years ago

Ana, of Knock Off Wood, knocks it way out of the ballpark!

http://www.knock-offwood.com/2010/08/behind-closet-doors.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Closet Doors

Comments (8)

• gardenspice
    13 years ago

Just in case anyone is worried, this is not spam. Lazygardens is a long time poster and the website gives free directions for a great closet conversion.

• djsaw
    13 years ago

I saw that this morning. She is amazing!! I love her furniture plans. This past weekend I built her secretary desk and it was so easy.

• claire_de_luna
    13 years ago

WOW, Lazygardens, that closet conversion is Incredible! Thanks for posting this. Sometimes I feel this forum isn't what it used to be, so I always appreciate a new and helpful post like this one.

Homedecor, please find another place to hawk your spam. Thank You.

• lazy_gardens
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am SO going to do that to the entry closet - even if all I get is a 18-inch unit on that door, it's going to be wunnerful.

I already have everything I need as scrap, including the wheels.

• graywings123
    13 years ago

So clever!

Lazygardens, hope you don't mind but I started a post about this idea on the Home Decorating forum.

• mustangs81
    13 years ago

Sometimes I feel this forum isn't what it used to be

CdL, I voiced this same thought to Tamara when we had lunch. I miss the old energy and input.

• claire_de_luna
    13 years ago

Oh, well I'm so glad it's not just me! There seemed to be more posts like this one at one time, which I thought was extremely helpful and had more to do with actual organizing. It seems like there's an excessive attraction now to subjects like hoarding, which don't really benefit the general population, and fewer that inspire. You know...I'm always in need of inspiration!

• xoldtimecarpenter
    13 years ago

You may not need the wheels. If the door is not a hollow core door and has a decent stile -- even veneer over MDF, then replacing the hinge screws with longer - minimum 2" screws should be enough to hold the weight of the shelving unit and its contents. Unless you are storing bowling balls or something like that.

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz