Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lost Keys and Sick Dog

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 21, 11 at 8:20

Sometime in the last week I misplaced my house keys. They have no identification on them, and my car keys are separate, so if a burglar found them I'm safe. I've looked everywhere in the house, in my car, in pockets of every jacket I own. Still hunting.
My dog had a wart on her head I've been watching for six months. Vet looked at it long ago and said, just leave it alone, we'll take it off if necessary. This week it suddenly looked larger and the dog ( a beautiful 8 year old purebred Wheaten Terrier female named "Molly" ) started sleeping more than usual and didn't seem interested in going out to play. Hubby and I were worried, so we took her to our Vet who examined her. Said the thing on her head looks like a "papilloma" wart, but the dog's insides felt "doughy", and she couldn't feel her organs, like stomach, intestines, kidneys, liver. Blood test revealed high white cell count but everything else normal. Vet said it could be a viral infection, or possible cancer. So we started Molly on some antibiotics. She's still eating ,drinking pooping and peeing like normal. But she's awful quiet.
Please cross your fingers that I find my keys, but more important that our fur baby recovers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lost Keys

This probably doesn't belong in "Organizing". I meant to post on Kitchen Table. Boy am I "DISorganized".

o
RE: Lost Keys and Sick Dog

Jannie, I'm sorry about your keys, but I am really worried about your dog. Can you please take her to a different vet for a second opinion? This does not sound right. My thoughts are with you.

o
RE: Lost Keys and Sick Dog

I'll do that, Colorcrazy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here