Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reminiscing-MommaBird Do You Remember?

Posted by mustangs (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 08 at 23:43

I just came across this note; I thought it was a hoot and wanted to share it with you all. It was from a swap that we had on this forum in 2003.

My swap partner was MommaBird. The guidelines were to send our partner some of our clutter, regional items, and a "Haunt" to remind us to declutter. The onus was on your partner to deal with the clutter. I have only included below the items that were sent to MB and not the personal information about myself.

Dear Momma Bird AKA Paige (I like that name),

Well, here is your package. I hope you enjoy some of my clutter. Do the right thing! Enclosed are the following items:

Clutter:

• 1 wine rack (we dont drink wine)
  • 1 plate rack (dont worry, I have three others)
  • 1 3 picture frame (I thought it would be good for pictures of the boys)
  • 1 "As Seen On TV" organizer thingy (again, dont worry, I have others)
  • 1 put it together Christmas tree (reminder to take down Christmas lights)
  • 1 rubber ducky (for your youngest "baby ducks" bath)
  • 1 excellent reusable cardboard box (for dropping off toys to Goodwill)
  • 1 corn cutter and creamer (you have a lot more corn than we do)
  • 1 banana hanger (dont worry, I have another)
  • 1 bouquet of flowers (they will dance for you)
  • 1 Mickey Mouse picture holder (again, for your boys)
  • 1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers hat (for DH from DH)
  • 1 square egg maker (you dont have one already, do you?)
  • 1 expired Lotto ticket (worth $80 M if the numbers were different)
  • 2 flutter balls for Taz (from Noel and Buster)
  • 2 mesh laundry bags (changed laundry sorting system)
  • Assorted suit accessories (from suit days)

*Regional Gifts:

• 1 "Tampa Treasures" cookbook (I couldnt think of any non-perishable food so I got this cookbook, then I went to the grocery store and found all kinds of stuff from our area. By the time you receive this cookbook, you should be through with your consulting assignment and will have time to make a dish from it)
  • 1 bottle of Mojo sauce (no true Tampanian would be without this in the pantry for making Cuban Roast Pork)
  • 2 pkgs of locally made Spanish soup (Spanish soup is a staple in Tampa)

*Tampa is know for its very rich Cuban and Spanish culture, this is reflected in the food that is so common here in the stores and restaurants. Its unique as it is the melding of Cuban, Spanish, and Italian. I guess its the comparable to your German Town.

Haunt/Gentle Reminder

• 1 homemade refrigerator magnet (Im not very crafty)

• Follow-Up Postings:

o
    RE: Reminiscing-MommaBird Do You Remember?

Oh, that is hilarious!

So...what did you send to your swap partner?

And, inquiring minds want to know...did you have a square egg maker before this?

o

I just saw MommaBird post to the forum so I wanted to BUMP this up in case she didn't see it the first time.

o

Mustangs - I still have that wine rack in my basement full of wine bottles and have thought of you every time I get out or put in a bottle!!! DH still has the hat! I vaugely remember the dancing flower & the clutter balls - I think Taz ate the balls.

How funny that you found this thread!!!! THANKS so much!

o
    go look!

Mustangs - go look at my posting on the "secret hiding places" thread. It will make you smile!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
    • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
    • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
    • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
    • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
    • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
    • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here