Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Basement closet has stone walls

marie26
15 years ago

My daughter is living in our basement which is only 7 steps down (we're in a split level). Since we moved into this rental about 5 months ago, we just now are unpacking everything in her room and are almost finished. Today, we purchaed a new bed for her and an entertainment unit for the TV. My problem is that she owns a lot of hang-up type of clothing (that she will go through) but she doesn't have a cupboard down there. The other cupboards are upstairs in my room (not a walk-in) and the 2 other tiny bedrooms and the cupboards in there are really small. DH's and my clothes use up all three cupboards. The hall closet is used for all the coats for all seasons.

There is one cupboard with a rod in the laundry room which is also in the basement. But the back of it is a stone wall. I want to use this for her clothes instead of buying a wardrobe. But will this stone cause problems for the clothes? How can I keep the clothes smelling fresh? Would putting them in fabric wardrobes that hang from the rod solve the problem?

Thank you for your help. Once her room is done, I'm onto the laundry room organization and then the kitchen's.

Comments (4)