Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone ever use the large calendar by Thinkbin?

Posted by fishfacenj (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 30, 08 at 22:50

My mother-in-law introduced me to it a few years ago. I just went to order a new one and discovered there won't be one this year :( I like that it was large but simple/plain--not much in the way of color or illustrations (that would just distract me visually). My current one doesn't "officially" run out until December, but I always liked starting a new one in September. I'll add it to my back-of-my-head list of things I'm always on the lookout for, but does anyone know of a similarly plain and large calendar?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone ever use the large calendar by Thinkbin?

I use Flylady's calendar. Large blocks-no pictures-starts in August.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flylady's calendar

o

Hi fishfacenj,

I never saw the Thinkbin calendar before - I might have used it!

Our central "family" calendar is by Dayrunner. It is fairly large (no upper "picture" or "art", so it's just grids). It hangs on the side of the fridge. It is ruled, which I like. It has empty boxes when the weeks start and end mid-week. I head these boxes with "Walmart" or "Costco" to note things we need. (These tend to be once-a-month errands.) Or sometimes someone's phone # might go in a spare box (i.e. If I am working with a contractor his # might go here, or if I need to return a business call later on the same month.) When the kids were in elementary school, their schedule occupied a box. (Mon-Music, Tues.-Gym, Wed-Art, and so on for quick reference. Not a big deal to rewrite each month. And also, it may have changed from the last month.) Another "reference note" might be "Ellios Pizza, 425 for 15 minutes" since we toss the box and wrap uncooked slices separately.

Basically, I enter all the calendar info at the beginning of each month -- but for an up-to-the-minute calendar, I generate a "Week-At-A-Glance" calendar on a Word doc that gets hung on the front of the fridge. The document is color-coded per person, and also has a column for daily chores and a column for To Do. Everyone is expected to update, etc. on this page. Call me anal, but I wouldn't be able to tolerate that visual "clutter" on a monthly calendar if changes need to be made. (Cross outs, erase marks, random colors, etc.)

Oh - it looks like Dayrunner is strictly "Planners" now (no wall calendars) -- but it now looks as if "At-A-Glance" offers the same product. (I hope so!!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Used to be Dayrunner, now At-a-Glance....

o

Thanks, quiltglo and maura63! Off to poke around and pick a calendar :)

o

FWIW, I like the More Time Moms calendar. Flylady offered it a number of years ago before she made her own, and I still like it better.

Here is a link that might be useful: More Time Mom Family Organizer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here