Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
elfa - Container Store

Posted by DeeV78 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 21:16

I'm so excited that I just had to share (DH doesn't quite share my enthusiasm for these things lol). Was at the Container Store today, and they had two elfa shelving units on display that were on sale at 75% off as-is to make room for new display. One of the displays was for their birch wood finished shelving and drawers, which they had arranged for a 4' mudroom. Turns out I have a nook in my basement with exactly 49" of space between a wall and built-in closet that was in an area to become my son's play area. Instead of buying stand alone storage baskets etc, I now have a beautiful elfa decor system that'll be mounted on the wall.

$1,080 retail price for all the components that I got for $270!!!! Still pricey for shelving/drawers, but considering I would've probably spent $100-$150 on various organizing bins/baskets/containers, a little bit more now gets me something that I can be proud to put on display. (We're moving into the house next week).

A very happy mama here :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: elfa - Container Store

What a fabulous deal! Amazing-lucky you! Those store displays are really great. I love Elfa and have three closets, the small sort of "reach-in" type of closet, done in Elfa. When I priced the Home Depot and Lowes store brand equivalents of on-sale Elfa, the prices were close enough to justify the additional expense of the Container Store's Elfa. The finished shelves are beautiful-we chose the platinum color.

How wonderful that you saw a deal that's two good to pass up... Gotta love that!

o

WOW - what a deal! Lucky you!

o

Love those kinds of deals!

o

That's a great deal! And in the future, maybe you'll find that the Elfa system's flexibility will give you a different configuration you need in the future.

o

Fabulous! Please update the thread with a photo when you get it all set up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here