Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Out of the mouths of babes

Posted by marie26 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 31, 06 at 20:45

My 4-year-old gdd has been visiting us for 2 months. She is going home next week.

Yesterday, I went through all of her toys to see which ones she wanted to take home with her. I couldn't believe how many she said to get rid of. For instance, if the toy didn't have all of the pieces or was just a Happy Meal give-away, she was very quick to say it should be thrown out. Since I'm the exact opposite, I found myself asking her if she was sure. She always said yes. I probably shouldn't be surprised since her mother has that gene as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Out of the mouths of babes

That kid has the right idea.

o

Yep, I think you either inherited the gene or you didn't! My DM has it. I must have been standing behind the door when it was passed out! LOL

Smart kid! I have two DGDs that are sisters. One's like her mom (my DIL) the other one, sadly, is her Mamaw's child! LOL

o

Oh no! No more stuck marshmallows! I'm sure you've enjoyed having her. Good idea to have her help you go through the toys before she leaves. Especially, with your own style, you'd hang onto all of it "just in case." Now, you'll have room for toys on the next visit. Too bad I can't ship you some of these kids here. If school doesn't start pretty soon, I'm going to lose my mind.

Gloria

o

I wish I didn't spoil her so much because even at that age she takes advantage. But we enjoy her soooo much and at least we've been able to spend a couple of months with her at a time so she can remember us and we can start to cement a relationship with her. It's very hard when you live on the other side of the country.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here