Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Organizing spices

Posted by rc1234 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 15:56

I am new to the forum. I had posted a couple of days ago but cannot find my post hence the repost. :-(
I use a lot of spices in my cooking. I buy them from the international store in small plastic packs and then store them in glass or plastic jars. I would like them to be in identical glass or plastic jars and would like to stack them. I need the capacity to be at least 7 oz and I need the bottles to be airtight. Any ideas on where to look? Any brand recommendations?
Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Organizing spices

I was lucky to find these jars (they were full of spices) at a grocery store in Italy. They were 50 cents each. I emptied the spices before packing them thinking that security check might think they were drugs. LOL

The ones on the right were on clearance after Christmas and had green and red sugar. I love repurposing bottles and jars.

Photobucket

o

Penzeys dot com. Search CONTAINERS

o

My response wasn't very helpful as I forgot to add a source for spice bottles.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bottles Online

o

Okay, sorry if this is a dumb idea, but how about canning jars? The small ones are 8 oz (I've seen 4oz too), and they stack nicely.

One place that comes to mind to look for jars/bottle/containers, is a place called McMasterCarr. You can find them online. They are a large wholesale supplier, but sell to the public. They carry a good number of restaurant and lab supplies.

o

Here is another on-line source.

Here is a link that might be useful: Specialty Bottle

o

Thank you all for your suggestions. This was helpful.

quasifish, not at all a dumb idea. I had been toying with the idea of Mason jars too.

I will research these links and hopefully one of the links will have what I am looking for.
Thanks all!

o

Here is a link to pics of drawers with the specialty bottle clear topped jars. I love the idea.

Here is a link that might be useful: spice drawers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here