Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
organization in a sewing room

Posted by talley_sue_nyc (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 08 at 15:38

A lexicographer I know of has a word blog, which I read (though she doesn't update often).

She is an avid sewer, and has a sewing blog, which she updates very frequently.
DressADay.com

She posted a bit ago about organizing her sewing room. She's not done, but she had some neat progress, and a couple of interesting ideas.

(I esp. liked her CD tower-turned-storage rack. I wish I knew what she used for the "drawers," and her family needs to buy her a P-touch labeler for Christmas)

And one of her readers discovered, as I did, that you can put patterns in comic-book boxes (I hadn't thought of the bags, though)
ChronicallyUncool.Blogspot.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: organization in a sewing room

One of these days I'm going to redo my laundry room and make space for my sewing machine. Seeing the comic box idea and thinking of the larger size of vintage patterns (and any pattern that has been unfolded and doesn't fit in its original envelop very well any more!) I think I would like a drawer where plastic bagged patterns could be *filed*.

I'm giving this room a lot of thought because even though its one of the smallest in the house, its one of the busiest - important activities take place there daily (well, they would if it were organized).

I dream of fitting it out like a yacht or a motor home. Super efficient! A few IKEA cabinet, similar to the ones I have a few steps away in the kitchen would keep sewing, laundry, and pantry overflow neat and tidy. Maybe next year . . .

I enjoyed the Dress a Day website thanks for sharing, Tally Sue.

Elizabeth

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here