Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garage storage

Posted by sotodog (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 08 at 15:16

We are in the process of finishing the garage with drywall and organizing it so we don't have to put the bikes in the laundry room and stack everything up when a hail storm comes. There are a couple of things that we'd like to keep but need some help. We have a 2 car garage that has 12 foot ceilings.

1) DH built a 4x8 train platform but son is too young for HO trains. I think hanging from the ceiling is best but not sure how.

2) We have table which is approximately 10 feet long but maybe 3 feet wide. This comes in handy for large functions but only once or twice a year.

Also, if anyone could post links with pictures for garages. Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garage storage

I believe they sell shelves that are on pulleys that you can raise towards the ceiling. I don't know why you couldn't make something like that yourself and raise them up as high as you care to and just lower them when you want to get them down to use.

Also, if you stand the table up on its short side on the floor against the wall, it will hardly take up any room and would be available quickly when you need it.

o
RE: Garage storage

I am in the process of organizing my barn (my storage/workshop) - my DBF and I worked on it all weekend for that matter. we built shelves along the wall for stuff - and even hung a card table on the wall! Link is below....i am proud of it - i got home from getting a perm yesterday and it was in the process!

I am loving this forum by the way!

Here is a link that might be useful: Barn project

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here