Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Those incredibly annoying pop-ups

Posted by bronwynsmom (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 08 at 9:11

So here's another way I'd like to create mental order in my day...
Am I the only one getting a pop-up that asks me to take an "opinion survey" every time I log in, and about every third time I switch from one thread to another?
I am a normally patient and civilized person, but I am starting to get really annoyed!
Anybody know how we can opt out of it? Does GardenWeb have any control over it? Can we complain somewhere?
Thanks, kiddos!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Those incredibly annoying pop-ups

bronwynsmom...I am getting the pop ups also and they get in the way of my trying to change from one forum to another! Annoying YES...I even have a program that usually blocks pop-ups, but not here. I imagine it is sanctioned by GW as a form of money making advertisement. Just my guess, but I think they do have control over it and that they have choosen to have them.
Good seeing you !

o

I don't get those pop-ups. Maybe you need a better pop-up blocker?

o

Probably. I just installed a new operating system (I'm a Mac) and a new version of my browser (Safari), so perhaps I can find a better blocker.
Any suggestions?
Thanks...

o

Firefox has worked really well for me in stopping the pop-ups.

o

Firefox with Adblock Plus works for me....

o

Thank you! I have Firefox...I'll start trying that instead.

o

I get lots of pop-ups UNTIL I log in, then I don't.

o

For some strange reason, I have not had one pop-up since I wrote my post above. I am seeing now that the nortion says pop-up blocked. It said it before too...but didn't do it.
This is much, much nicer without them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here