Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you store your scarves????

Posted by swmbo (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 14, 07 at 9:05

Wondering how others store their scarves.

I am talking about the large ones, not the smallish, thinner summery ones!

I have a wooden hanger that has holes in it that I thread my lighter scarves thru just like this one below ~ see link :)

However my larger thicker, winter scarves that need to preferably be folded (to minimize creasing) seem to end up messy in drawers.

Interested to hear how you store them.

Swmbo :)))

Here is a link that might be useful: wooden scarf holder

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you store your scarves????

I use those stacking decorative hat boxes. Scarves go in the largest ones, hats in the middle, gloves and mittens on the top.

I live in Iowa -- those are necessities -- and lots of them!!

Cathy

o

I actually use those scarves for table runners, and because I don't want to iron them every time before I use them, I put them on open pants hangars which are hung in my front hall coat closet.

Here is a link that might be useful: pant hangar

o

I have one of those plastic shoe holders hanging on my coat closet door & keep those woolen scarves in the pockets. The really big ones are in a plastic zipper bag like mattress pads come in & are on the shelf in the coat closet.

o

A hanger thing in the closet. The top is a conventional hook that goes over the closet pole, then there is a straight down rod with "arms" sticking out to each side every four inches or so. If I'm feeling precise I can fold the scarf neatly over an arm, or just sling it over an arm if not. Only takes up an inch of the closet and holds a lot of scarves.

o

Some great suggestions above ~ many thanks :)

clink ~ I love the idea of the hat boxes! Sounds very organized! Living in Iowa you would certainly need them handy :) I am 'down under' and it gets cold (admittedly not for a great length of time!), enough to need coats, scarves & gloves.

clair ~ I too had thought of using them as a table runner!!! They are so pretty with gorgeous colors that it would be nice to display them! I have those open pants hangers in dh & ds wardrobes!! May have to 'borrow' a couple ;-)

marti8a ~ I like your idea about the over the door shoe organizer! We dont have coat closets 'down under', yet could easily hang them over a bedroom door!
Have only recently discovered these wonderful organizers!!
I have one hanging on my dd door holding her hair things, socks, underwear, perfume etc, all easy to see and reach for in the morning when time is precious!

Thanks again for some terrific suggestions :)

Would love to hear more :)

Swmbo

o

swmbo, where did you find your scarf holder? I looked a few places,but didn't find anything.

o

foggyj, I got it at K-Mart, if I remember correctly I paid around $10.

Hope this helps :)

swmbo.

o

swmbo, thanks for the answer. I'll check it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here