Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swmbo_gw

How do you store your scarves????

swmbo
16 years ago

Wondering how others store their scarves.

I am talking about the large ones, not the smallish, thinner summery ones!

I have a wooden hanger that has holes in it that I thread my lighter scarves thru just like this one below ~ see link :)

However my larger thicker, winter scarves that need to preferably be folded (to minimize creasing) seem to end up messy in drawers.

Interested to hear how you store them.

Swmbo :)))

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (8)

• Miss EFF
    16 years ago

I use those stacking decorative hat boxes. Scarves go in the largest ones, hats in the middle, gloves and mittens on the top.

I live in Iowa -- those are necessities -- and lots of them!!

Cathy

• claire_de_luna
    16 years ago

I actually use those scarves for table runners, and because I don't want to iron them every time before I use them, I put them on open pants hangars which are hung in my front hall coat closet.

Here is a link that might be useful: pant hangar

• TxMarti
    16 years ago

I have one of those plastic shoe holders hanging on my coat closet door & keep those woolen scarves in the pockets. The really big ones are in a plastic zipper bag like mattress pads come in & are on the shelf in the coat closet.

• celticmoon
    16 years ago

A hanger thing in the closet. The top is a conventional hook that goes over the closet pole, then there is a straight down rod with "arms" sticking out to each side every four inches or so. If I'm feeling precise I can fold the scarf neatly over an arm, or just sling it over an arm if not. Only takes up an inch of the closet and holds a lot of scarves.

• swmbo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Some great suggestions above ~ many thanks :)

clink ~ I love the idea of the hat boxes! Sounds very organized! Living in Iowa you would certainly need them handy :) I am 'down under' and it gets cold (admittedly not for a great length of time!), enough to need coats, scarves & gloves.

clair ~ I too had thought of using them as a table runner!!! They are so pretty with gorgeous colors that it would be nice to display them! I have those open pants hangers in dh & ds wardrobes!! May have to 'borrow' a couple ;-)

marti8a ~ I like your idea about the over the door shoe organizer! We dont have coat closets 'down under', yet could easily hang them over a bedroom door!
    Have only recently discovered these wonderful organizers!!
    I have one hanging on my dd door holding her hair things, socks, underwear, perfume etc, all easy to see and reach for in the morning when time is precious!

Thanks again for some terrific suggestions :)

Would love to hear more :)

Swmbo

• foggyj
    16 years ago

swmbo, where did you find your scarf holder? I looked a few places,but didn't find anything.

• swmbo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

foggyj, I got it at K-Mart, if I remember correctly I paid around $10.

Hope this helps :)

swmbo.

• foggyj
    16 years ago

swmbo, thanks for the answer. I'll check it out.