Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
front door color

Posted by rndeb (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 14, 06 at 6:24

I bought a ranch style home a year ago and have not thought of a solution to the front entrance that would make it stand out and invite. The house is a pale yellow with shutters and two doors that lead to the house the same terra cotta color. I feel uncomfortable having two front doors two different colors, but one leads to the garage and I would like to de-emphasize it while calling attention the the other. There is a short sidewalk leading to the the main entrance and two pots of flowers. I would love to do more achitectually, but that can't happen for awhile...ideas are appreciated, however. Is paint the easy solution? What color, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: front door color

I think you could paint the door you want to deemphasize and it;s trim, the same pale yellow as the "field". But before you paint, have you considered a wreath on the main door, or a pair of large flowering containers on either side?

o

I like the wreath idea. What about white painted doors? The wreath would definitely be more of a stand-out with a white door background.

Also, maybe a flag pole mounted on the wall next to the front door? That would definitely catch the eye.
-----------------
small print disclaimer: i am a terrible home decorator. LOL

o

I also think the same yellow as the house for garage door. Wreath is great idea!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here