Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jollyrd

Closet clean-out success

jollyrd
10 years ago

I did a round of cleaning/purging in early spring -- I needed space and I needed a justification for shopping for fresh spring clothes. And now three months later I was facing a cluttered closet again! I was walking in and out of it for month promising to 'get to it'.

I finally put my mind to it yesterday. And I feel good, no regrets! I set out three paper bags in front of the closet door, determined to get them filled. I mentally went over the shelves in the closet and knew that there are items in it that I have not TOUCHED for almost 3 years, some even longer. I was determined to rid off them. So I just grabbed them all and threw on the floor. I only pulled out couple shirts and pants, the rest went into the bags by categories -- dress/office clothes, tshirts, and sweaters.

result ... the three paper bags are full, and I needed another trash bag for a stack of old clothes I put aside - hoping to wear them 'after I lose my baby weight'! Yeah, right!

Four bags of clothes out of my closet, out of my house!

I already went through my shoes, and had a huge donate stack, and some to trash.

Now, if I could get my sweetheart to get rid of some of his STUFF... wishful thinking....

Comments (2)