Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Closet clean-out success

Posted by jollyrd (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 22:41

I did a round of cleaning/purging in early spring -- I needed space and I needed a justification for shopping for fresh spring clothes. And now three months later I was facing a cluttered closet again! I was walking in and out of it for month promising to 'get to it'.

I finally put my mind to it yesterday. And I feel good, no regrets! I set out three paper bags in front of the closet door, determined to get them filled. I mentally went over the shelves in the closet and knew that there are items in it that I have not TOUCHED for almost 3 years, some even longer. I was determined to rid off them. So I just grabbed them all and threw on the floor. I only pulled out couple shirts and pants, the rest went into the bags by categories -- dress/office clothes, tshirts, and sweaters.

result ... the three paper bags are full, and I needed another trash bag for a stack of old clothes I put aside - hoping to wear them 'after I lose my baby weight'! Yeah, right!

Four bags of clothes out of my closet, out of my house!

I already went through my shoes, and had a huge donate stack, and some to trash.

Now, if I could get my sweetheart to get rid of some of his STUFF... wishful thinking....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Closet clean-out success

Yea! It sure feels good. Too often I walk past a project time and again and instead of "just doing it" I let it bug me. I bought a Nike t-shirt and wear it on work days to keep me on task.

While I am very organized, I have TMS to organize so I am like others here who now scrutinize the necessity of items before making the purchase.

Good for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Just Do It!

o
RE: Closet clean-out success

Hooray! Congrats on the progress.

And spend some time--I'm serious here, now--looking at that closet and wallowing, emotionally, in the sense of calm and order and achievement. It'll help you motivate yourself for a future clean-out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here