Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ironing board moved out of the laundry

Posted by dayenu (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 05 at 21:10

My husband added an in-wall ironing board center to my dressing room, which meant I finally had to reorganize, give away alot of stuff to good will and toss the irredeemables. This feels so good. Wonder how long it will stay neat.

Here is a link that might be useful: My dressing room when it's clean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ironing board moved out of the laundry

The ironing board is one of my biggest problems (see the thread on shirts that need ironing). If I could have a dressing room w/ a drop-down ironing board, I would, in a flash. I keep trying to figure out how I coudl shoe-horn it in to my current space. I don't want to mount it on your beautiful mahogany-veneer doors, and all the wall space is covered w/ dressers or the bed, or door ways.

Good for you!

(how long it will stay neat? well, for a few weeks anyway--until you start outgrowing stuff, either physically or emotionally, or buy about 4 new things. With clothes, this is a constant process)

o

I remember in the olden days homes were built with ironing boards built in. They were usually in the kitchen behind a cabinet door. Don't ever see them anymore.

o

but why would I want to iron in the kitchen? that's where I cook?

o

because irons were heated on the stove?

Because clothes were washed in the kitchen?

Because the kitchen was the woman's workroom?

o

yes TalleySue... all past tense, thank goodness. If my husband wants something ironed he begs and does me a favor :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here