Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Giving away...getting easy with giving away!

Posted by brugloverz9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 08 at 20:04

So happy to see that this is true! It is giving me such pleasure to have alittle room in my closets and to organize what I actually use. I want to keep emptying and emptying! Truthfully, I never expected to feel so good about it!
Have you found this to be true too?
Margie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Giving away...getting easy with giving away!

Yep, definitely..
In my loo, I have a saying:
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let go" Henry Thoreau
I'm at the "maintenance" stage of decluttering, and I keep a permanent box, just for "give aways", to add to as I find and then donate when it's full. As i go about tidying or cleaning, I find myself actively looking for things to put in there, and get a little thrill every time I do.

o

Yes, it does feel good to go through stuff and get rid of things. I am not much of a saver but when I get in the mood things start leaving the house.

Still need to do that in the garage.

o

I think my DH might be a hoarder because he keeps everything and continues buying and never has a desire to go through and clean out. I on the other hand don't hesitate to remove things I'm not using. He is letting me clean his closet and I've already removed 7 bags. There's so much stuff he has accumulated it will take time to sort it all out and reconfigure his whole closet but I'm very happy that he's letting me do this. This part of the house has been like a black hole to me and now I'm going in there to shine some light on it and cleaning is the greatest feeling and then I'm going to paint it, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here