Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
postum

Making peace with my home

postum
17 years ago

I want to thank you all for your help - I love reading this forum and always find it an inspiration. Many times I find myself saying "baby steps" and "just a few minutes can make a difference!"

After getting into a lethargic rut, I am finally back to using the SHE card system (like Flylady.) No, my house isn't spotless :-) But now I've written everything that needs doing down in my card file, and I know I just have to do my little tasks as scheduled and every day it will get a bit better. At night I go through my cards and see how much I have accomplished each day. There are always things that I didn't have time to get to, but I re-schedule them and don't let it get to me. I see what I have to do tomorrow, and then forget about it.

It is nice to go to bed with a clear conscience (if not a clear dining table) knowing that I will eventually get everything sorted out - in time. Why lie in bed worrying about the mess of toys, the paint that needs scraping, the messy deck? Worrying is not getting anything accomplished - simply a waste of energy. Now I'm putting that energy into trying to create a peaceful home - even if it sometimes means just keeping my mind in order in the middle of chaos.

Best wishes and a happy solstice to everyone!

Comments (3)