Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your thoughts on self-stick bulletin board for paper

Posted by Marie26 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 13, 05 at 14:15

Has anyone tried the following item? I want to be able to stick either shiny magazine-type paper or newspaper. Will any type of paper just stick to it? I like the idea of not having to use push pins or magnets. I know that it can't hold multiple papers on top of each other but that's okay for what I want to use it for.

Self-Stick Framed Bulletin Board
No need for pins or tacks!

Self-stick surface for quick and easy note posting, repositioning and removal. Mounts on smooth surfaces or fabric walls. Manufacturer's three-year limited warranty. Black plastic, radius edged frame. Mounts with Command Adhesive removable fasteners-hold on strongly, yet come off cleanly without damaging walls.

The link that shows what it looks like:

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=440344

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your thoughts on self-stick bulletin board for paper

I personally find it really unattractive. Do stickems work for you ( I know they fall off enventually) I always mount magnets or traditional bulletin boards. what about a BB with criss cross ribbons so you just tuck things under the ribbon. They are called French memo boards or French bulletin boards. You can easily make them yourself to go with the room.

Here is a link that might be useful: example of purchased French BB

o

This is to be used more for function than looks. I am working on a project that I need to sort a bunch of small papers (LOL). I had originally thought of using glue on paper but that seems like a lot more work.

o

I've had one, and it also holds dust, cat hair and bugs!

A magnetic board and magnets is better.

o

I have one hanging on the inside of my front hall closet door. I stuck on it: business cards , town notices(gargage collection days, pool and library schedules etc). You cannot overlap , of course, and anything heavy falls off. But I like it and its out-of-the way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here