Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Organizing Programs?

Posted by trilobite (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 13:02

Are there any good organizing programs right now that I don't know about? In the past I enjoyed:

Life Laundry.

House Doctor. (Technically a staging show, but covered a lot of organizing territory, including the emotional issues.)

Clean House, the Niecy Nash era.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Organizing Programs?

I still like Clean House (with or without Niecy) and Hoarders. Both help to motivate me. Hey if THOSE SLOBS can clean up, I can do so easily!!!

o

There was a show called Neat (easy to remember!) on Discovery. It was simple and single-minded: declutter a room or set of rooms over a two-day period. The host was a wee bit condescending at times, if I recall. It's probably gone away to make room for more dramatic options.

A little off-track: I'm not a huge fan of Nate Berkus - even before Oprah launched him on America - but he has a clear POV about organization relative to design. There's always that sweetheart Martha Stewart.

o

I haven't seen this but I saw Peter on Nate and he has a show on OWN called Enough Already.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peter Walsh - Enough Already

o

I love Enough Already! I am using that as my "mantra" when I shop. I'll look at something and tell myself - I have enough already. Do I NEED this?

90% of the time the answer is NO.

I'm redirecting $$ I used to spend on stuff I don't need to healing massages. I'm doing a series of 6 specific treatments of deep tissue massage to correct my mild scoliosis. After 3 sessions the results are amazing.

So I've traded more clutter for better health. And Enough Already helped me make it all click to work for me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here