Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What I saw on the internet this morning...WOW

Posted by brugloverz9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 23, 08 at 12:50

This morning while googling "mesh baskets" as I was thinking it might be a good way to keep my shoes under my desk all together neatly, or at least in one place I came across this site...It is meant for stores...but it really surprised me how they are gearing folks up for impulse buying, which I myself have a problem with.
So glad to see it. Now I know it is their goal and I will really watch myself now!!!
Here is what it said...

Shopping Baskets
"Stimulate impulse buying and increase average sales while reducing breakage. These simple shopping baskets increase shopping time in your store and make browsing easier leaving a noticeable impact on your bottom line."

Here is a link that might be useful: wire baskets

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What I saw on the internet this morning...WOW

WOW, indeed! Truer words were never spoken! That's what it's all about, isn't it? We should all be good little "consumers" (don't you hate being reduced in common parlance to "consumer" so often?") who don't break things! Brugloverz, if it's mesh baskets you're yearning for, check out the dollar store! Have seen some really nice ones in a variety of sizes at the store in my area. Have also been impressed by community support that our local Dollar Tree has offered to some worthwhile causes & resources in our area. Dollar Tree made a significant contribution that enhanced the Japanese Garden in our local botanical garden. I thought that was really admirable (&surprising.) Anyway, thanks for sharing & good luck finding your baskets! Stinky

o
RE: What I saw on the internet this morning...WOW

Stinky...I did find my basket today at the store where I dropped off my donations. It was $5. and holds my shoes nicely. I guess I could see it as I got back for giving!

Thank you for your Dollar Tree hint for goodies too. I will have to look into it and see if they donate to causes also. I am in CA. What state is your store it?
Margie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here