Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hobby Cart

Posted by teaka123 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 20, 06 at 12:48

I've been looking at some of the different hobby carts out there for storing scissors, tape, glue, poster board, paints used for school and home projects. Any leads on a good one at a good price are welcome. I've seen some wood ones with six drawers and a small cabinet for about $109 that looks decent.
Cheers, Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hobby Cart

If the one you saw would really work for you, then I think that might be a good buy. I have one which has 12 drawer large enough to hold regular notebook paper. It's not terribly sturdy, but is working for now. The kids can just grab the drawer with the markers, etc. so we don't need separate baskets. We got it as Costco for $50.

Carts from teacher supply stores would be very sturdy. Not inexpensive, but if this will get a great deal of use it may be worth the investment.

Gloria

Here is a link that might be useful: art supply carts

o

Staples office supply store has rolling carts with drawers. I got a three-drawer cart. Top drawer is for pens, clips, little stuff. Middle and bottom for boxes of checks, giftwrap, storing tax returns. I think it cost $20 to $30.

o

www.homedecorators.com has some wooden cabinets or carts w/ multiple shallow drawers; it's a pretty good company, I've ordered from them now and then w/ success.

Search for the terms "drawers" and "cart" together, and see what you get.

Here is a link that might be useful: one of their carts

o

Thanks to each of your for your suggestions. I'll check out the sites you recommended. It is difficult to plan good storage areas for tape (masking, duct, scotch, double sided, and mailing) and for glue (sticks, elemers, super, rubber, spray adhesive and then the gun & sticks) let alone all the other basic supplies (hole punch, ruler, staper/staples, rubber bands, tacks, etc.). I'm in the process of moving and trying to have things well organized from the get-go of the move-in. Cheers, Carol

o

teaka - you are so smart to be planning ahead! I know when I moved all I as thinking about was how the house would look, not how it would function. Doh! Congratulations on your move and good luck!

o

I found a great one at www.ewins.com. It has 8 drawers and a storage cabinet. You do have to put it together but it wasn't to hard and it was solid wood, not compressed wood. I love it

Here is a link that might be useful: Ewins

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here