Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
somepeabody1

Chart and Organize Medical Test Suggestions?

peabody1
9 years ago

I like to get a copy of any medical tests my family has done. I would like to compile them in a list that is easy to see what test it is and the date done. I cannot find a template on-line so I guess I will have to come up with my own design. But for some reason I am stumped as to how to put this together. Anyone out there have such a list or have ideas how to put it together? I want to make a list containing Bloodwork (and what tests they were), DEXA scans, Mammograms, Ultrasounds, X-Rays, MRIs, etc. Each time a new test is performed I would like to be able to just write in the date.

Comments (5)

• mdln
    9 years ago

Wow, I wish all my patients would do this. Are you looking for an electronic or paper system?

If paper, suggest 3 ring binder with sections (consults, lab, radiology, other diagnostic tests) and a chronological table of contents that includes page #'s.

Everytime you add something, date & title it, give it a page #, and add it to the table of contents (6-23-14, colonoscopy, p 72).

Good luck.

• grandmamary_ga
    9 years ago

I have End Stage Renal Failure and we keep a book of all my tests etc too. We use a 3 Ring binder. It has all my doctors their business cards and tests etc I have had done. My husband also was the care giver for his mother and he also kept a notebook for her too that way there was no confusion when he had to talk to his brothers about his mothers care. anyone who wanted to look at it just had to ask. He made up his own forms. I am not sure if there is anything on line for your use. Good luck and let us know if you find something that would be useful to all.
    Mary

• talley_sue_nyc
    9 years ago

I suggest you use Excel, or a similar spreadsheet system. (Google Drive would let you access it from everywhere.)

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Spreadsheet would let you sort by date, or type, of test easily. ALso have a column for the doctor and incident involved.

The SO's broken leg involved TWO medical facilities and four doctors and more than one lab ... being able to sort for "broken leg" would pull it all onto one spot.

Use a different worksheet for each person.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Spreadsheet would let you sort by date, or type, of test easily. ALso have a column for the doctor and incident involved.

The SO's broken leg involved TWO medical facilities and four doctors and more than one lab ... being able to sort for "broken leg" would pull it all onto one spot.

Use a different worksheet for each person.