Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chart and Organize Medical Test Suggestions?

Posted by peabody1 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 11:09

I like to get a copy of any medical tests my family has done. I would like to compile them in a list that is easy to see what test it is and the date done. I cannot find a template on-line so I guess I will have to come up with my own design. But for some reason I am stumped as to how to put this together. Anyone out there have such a list or have ideas how to put it together? I want to make a list containing Bloodwork (and what tests they were), DEXA scans, Mammograms, Ultrasounds, X-Rays, MRIs, etc. Each time a new test is performed I would like to be able to just write in the date.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chart and Organize Medical Test Suggestions?

Wow, I wish all my patients would do this. Are you looking for an electronic or paper system?

If paper, suggest 3 ring binder with sections (consults, lab, radiology, other diagnostic tests) and a chronological table of contents that includes page #'s.

Everytime you add something, date & title it, give it a page #, and add it to the table of contents (6-23-14, colonoscopy, p 72).

Good luck.

o

I have End Stage Renal Failure and we keep a book of all my tests etc too. We use a 3 Ring binder. It has all my doctors their business cards and tests etc I have had done. My husband also was the care giver for his mother and he also kept a notebook for her too that way there was no confusion when he had to talk to his brothers about his mothers care. anyone who wanted to look at it just had to ask. He made up his own forms. I am not sure if there is anything on line for your use. Good luck and let us know if you find something that would be useful to all.
Mary

o

I suggest you use Excel, or a similar spreadsheet system. (Google Drive would let you access it from everywhere.)

o

Spreadsheet would let you sort by date, or type, of test easily. ALso have a column for the doctor and incident involved.

The SO's broken leg involved TWO medical facilities and four doctors and more than one lab ... being able to sort for "broken leg" would pull it all onto one spot.

Use a different worksheet for each person.

o

Spreadsheet would let you sort by date, or type, of test easily. ALso have a column for the doctor and incident involved.

The SO's broken leg involved TWO medical facilities and four doctors and more than one lab ... being able to sort for "broken leg" would pull it all onto one spot.

Use a different worksheet for each person.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here