Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
We are always looking for shoe organizers...

Posted by quiltglo (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 07 at 3:25

I thought this was one of the best shoe organizing ideas I've seen. They are up off the floor so you can sweep. I've linked the tutorial of how to make them below.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: shoe rack tutorial

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: We are always looking for shoe organizers...

Very clever! and you can sweep the floor without picking up the stupid shoes.

I'd do this in my entry way, but the doors open into the area.

Still, it could be a useful technique even inside a cabinet, or something.

On the back of a cabinet or closet door? Suppose it would hold?

o

Wow. What a great idea. Funtional AND it looks cool too. Not as much bulk as a cabinet or big shelf, and you don't have to keep wiping dirt off of a shelf all the time.

I wish they would sell something like that so those of us without tools or who are not very handy could just buy them.

Do the shoes really stay in the horizontal position though? I am imagining that the shoes could look askew and messy, if there were different size shoes stored, or both boots and shoes, as they couldn't be stored evenly and would flop down at different angles.

o

If you read the whole thing, you'll see that this is a homemade version of a specialized one.

Design Within Reach (a catalog) sells it, but it's $100.

http://www.dwr.com/productdetail.cfm?id=8975

You'd still need to mount it on the wall, which means you need a drill. Or a handyman.

The folks who made the wooden one just used the handsaw at Home Depot. And any lumberyard will sell you the wood cut to size. And a handyman could install it.

o

This is a good idea. And I was just at lowes today. I like the notmartha website and I'm thinking about making the shoe shelf now.

~Surfer~

o

Does the tutorial include instructions on how to get husbands to put the shoes on the shelves instead of on the floor???? That's the problem in my house...and that's the piece we need instructions for!!!

o

Thanks for this idea. I love it!
Kec01 I'd need the tutorial for my DD and sometimes for myself :)

o

I had a shoe organiozer at least 20 years ago that I loved. It had about 60 clear plastic pockets, hence held up to 30 pairs of shoes, and was made to hang on a closey door.The plastic eventually got old and ripped.I threw it out. I wish I could find another just like it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here