Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
twelve things that don't belong

Posted by minnie_tx (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 07 at 2:00

Posted by talley_sue_nyc (My Page) on Thu, May 17, 07 at 12:01

OK, Jannie--I challenge you: Together, we'll tackle the dresser, twelve items at a time.
Tonight--wait, tonight might be hard, it's Ascension Day and I have to play the organ--well, surely I can do TWELVE, right? Esp. if I make sure several of them are "throw them out" things?

Tonight, open one drawer, and pick out twelve things that don't belong, and do whatever with them. (toss, refile, mail to someone else)

Don't worry about the stuff that stays; we're just weeding out.
I copied this from another thread. I really like this idea. I finished helping my DS transform three of his rooms from chaos to order and I think I'll present this idea to him for his remaining rooms. One is his office and another his "book" room where most of his CDs DVDs and misc books are stored.
I'll let you know if works out!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: twelve things that don't belong

OK, well, I haven't been doing this--I've been practicing my new "four sharps!!" liturgy for church, and tackling that paperwork, twelve at a time.
Wait--maybe I have, too--not the dresser, but that backlogged paper and stuff--I've been mostly focusing on the stuff that doesn't stay. Filing it, tossing it, shredding it, etc.

But I still like this idea--focusing on the stuff that should NOT be there.

let us know how it goes, and whether it's helpful to your DS.

(glad it could be useful)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here