Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Natural supplements storage/dispensing solution

Posted by oceanna (My Page) on
Wed, May 7, 08 at 23:31

I use powdered supplements for my food and my pets' foods... digestive enzymes, powdered greens, arthritis supplements, Boswelia/SOD, and MSM. I want to just be able to reach for these easily.

I had them on the countertop in sugar shakers because that was at least better looking than the original containers.

I found the answer! I bought 5 of those magnetic spice shakers at Bed Bath & Beyond for less than $2/each. Now the supplements are all lined up on the side of my fridge right next to where I use them. All I need to do is grab, shake, and stick back on the fridge. They look neat, and the clutter is gone from my countertops. This is from a commercial site showing exactly what mine look like (different contents though):

I hope this comes in handy for some of you too. I love this solution!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Natural supplements storage/dispensing solution

I love those! I use them in the garage.

For my vitamins and other supplements, I use this screws and nuts container that I found at Big Lots for $1 each column of 5. I put two together, added labels, and refill it from Sam's Club size bottles. It really is handy when traveling, I can throw the whole thing in the suitcase.

Photobucket

o

Oceanna, those are very cool containers!

o

Thanks Metaphysician. If you get some and use them I hope you'll tell us how you use them.

Mustangs, thanks for sharing that. I need my pills to tell me what day so I don't forget. But that looks like it would be cool for nuts and bolts too. You can't beat the price! For this application I needed something that would pour, or sprinkle.

I like these magnetic containers so much I'm eager to hear different ideas for how they can be used. They're attractive, in a modern sort of way. They feel good to hold and use. They're easy to set to sprinkle, pour a little, or pour a lot. I could definitely see having a spice rack of them... but I'm not sure where I'd put it. I'm going to give it some thought.

They'd be super for storing beads, or jewelry parts for the crafter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here