Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
why to make the bed every day

Posted by talley_sue_nyc (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 14 at 21:45

This commencement speech by a Navy Admiral, a Seal, is interesting.

It starts with a "shine your sink" type of recommendation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-mcraven-commencement-speech-at-ut-2014-5

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: why to make the bed every day

Wow, that was wonderful!

o

Thanks, Talley Sue. That was a great speech.

o

I have four daughters... one day they chatted about their cycles, and discovered that DD3 is the only one who is completely regular, cycle-wise. When they delved further into possible reasons behind this, they realized that though they shared many traits; eat the same sorts of food, exercise level, etc; and are smart, pretty, etc. DD3 makes her bed each and every day without fail, where as the other three do not. I think this habit reflects a certain inner calmness and control that this particular daughter possesses. Only late have I recognized this as a virtue worth striving for rather than one of this girls adorable quirky ways.

Making your bed is a keystone habit-very much like shining the sink as Talley pointed out-that has a far greater impact on your life than simply having a tidy bed (which to me is its own reward).

Here is a link that might be useful: Speech

o

Thanks for posting this!

o

I make my bed every day to have a nice room to come home to from work. My house looks so much nicer that way.

Oh, and my sink is clean every day too. :) Same reason.

Moni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here