Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Label maker alert

Posted by bspofford (My Page) on
Fri, May 8, 09 at 13:31

I was just reviewing the Friday online specials from Staples. They have the PT 1880 on sale for $19.99! I don't know if this is also available at that price in the store, or online only, but it is even cheaper than what Sam's Club sells it for.

However, for the tapes, Sam's has the best price hands down. They also carry (online only) the tazzeta tapes for the smaller p-touch, delivered for less than you can buy at a store, IF you can find them.

I know labelmakers have been a hot topic for us in the past, so if you have been on the fence about buying one, now is a good time.

Two people I know will get one for Christmas this year....

Barbara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Label maker alert

Thanks for the heads up! It's usually $54.67.

o

I ran to my Staples as soon as I read this and got the last one! Thanks for the tip. Have never used a labelmaker before, but have been lurking here a while and am determined to get my house (and life) organized!!!

o

Go for it Prof! I've got labels on everything from scissors to the freezer shelves.

TIP: The tapes are expensive but have the right tape for the right job e.g. Clear tape w/black ink for clear bottles; white ink for dark surface.

o

Sorry, I need to correct the info about purchasing tapes. The smaller machines that use the "M" tapes....that size is getting harder to find in stores. Sam's Club has it online only for $7.22 delivered. The TZ size tapes are anywhere from $9.43 to 15.12 for one, or $29.84 online for a 3 pack. The 3-pack is currently available in the stores.

Barbara

o

The 3 pack is a great price. I'm going to followup on that.

Thank you for the lead Barbara.

o

Has anyone used the iron on clothing labels? I hope to start labeling my daughter's clothes and all her school stuff. Also--I don't have a Sam's Club membership--any other suggestions on the cheapest place to buy the tape?

Thanks!

o

There is usually a lot on e-bay. I haven't looked for a while...

Barbara

o

Poop--I missed it! That one uses TWO fonts, which is the new "minimum" for me.

I love my P-touch, but I wish I had a serif font choice.

(I have some bday money; maybe I'll get serious about buying one of these with it?)

o

Barbara, thanks for the ebay info. I went and put a bid on one. You're right, there are lots. if I don't get it this time, I'll try again if I'm in the mood.

o

And, I won it, at the price I wanted!

o

And life doesn't get better than that!

Barbara

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here