Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calirose_gw

Hi - Previous member who know lurks

calirose
15 years ago

I have been a member of Garden web/ths for a long time, but matters at home have lured me away.

I so enjoy this forum so I hope you don't mind if I continue to lurk and maybe post once in a while.

I visit this site, cleaning tips, those on finance and retirement; and love to see the KT's show me yours pics.

Thanks for letting me but=t in.

Comments (7)

• maryliz
    15 years ago

Hi. It seems I've become a regular here, since discovering the joy of decluttering from FlyLady. Please don't be a stranger!

MaryLiz

P.S. It's my birthday today.

• calirose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HEY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

• des_arc_ya_ya
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, MaryLiz! Welcome back, calirose! I don't post a lot but I read everyday.

• talley_sue_nyc
    15 years ago

Happy birthday, MaryLiz! (a little late)

(mine was Saturday--I got a Superman T-shirt; what'd you get?)

And CaliRose, thanks for (re)joining us!

• calirose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

And thanks for the welcoming committee!!!!

• maryliz
    15 years ago

My birthday celebration did not turn out the way I expected. My parents wanted to take me out to dinner. But it was Memorial Day, and the two really nice restaurants in our town were CLOSED! So I ended up throwing together a pasta & kielbasa & veggies dish from whatever I had lying around the house. It turned out fine. My parents brought cake.

Instead of grumbling, I just did whatever it took to have dinner with my parents. And I didn't have to do any special house cleaning, because the house already looked pretty good.

Because we didn't have to drive all over the world to a far-away restaurant, there was time after dinner. My parents took hubby & me out to see the new Indiana Jones movie. I had fun on my birthday, and got to spend time with my parents, who are too busy working most of the time to spend time with me. It was great!

Last weekend, I was with hubby and his parents for a work weekend at the cottage. Putting in the docks and what not. Mom baked me a cake, and they gave me a book called "Bringing Nature Home." It is about choosing native plants for the garden, and the insects and other wildlife that will be supported by the native plants. Apparently, natives attract "beneficials" to the garden so well that it's making me think that it's a waste to plant even "nice," non-invasive aliens. Can't wait to get started on that book!

• calirose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maryliz, it sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!

Looks like that book is encouraging you out to the garden!

Rhonda

ps, I "know" it should be "now lurks" -

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio