Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnagwd

Moving sale?

donnagwd
11 years ago

Dh has now decided we should have a moving sale. In some ways, it's easier for him to give up things if he thinks he is receiving $$ for it. We cleaned out the garage yesterday decided what was "keep" and was was "sale" and they away a lot of stuff too. It's appealing in some ways - get someone else to carry off what we don't need and get a few dollars for it.

I told him we need to "price to sell," not to make money, and that I will set up a charitable pick up for what's left on the Monday after a Saturday sale if possible.

It really gave me the shakes, tho, to put the sale stuff back in the garage. I'm afraid he will renege on selling!

Any other advice? A dfriend is suggesting we use one of the estate sale companies - you can leave what you don't want in the house and they come in and sell it. We don't think we'll have all that many big items that would make it worthwhile for the estate sale co, and also, we need to repaint and repair and get our house on the market as soon as we're out.

Comments (3)