Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Master Bedroom Closet

Posted by alyson79 (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 11 at 10:24

Our master bedroom closet is 8'6" x about 8'6" and I'm looking for a good closet system that can hopefully provide storage for all of my husband and my clothes. California Closets could do this for $6000 - which sounds ridiculously expensive to me. I'm hoping to spend $2000 or less (not sure if this is unrealistic). Any advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Master Bedroom Closet

Look at the storage stuff at Lowes or Home Depot ... you have to install it yourself, but it's reasonably proced.

Also Ikea's stuff.

o

Got a Container Store near you? They might be workable. And they'd help you design it.

o

I searched high and low and got estimates from at least 6 closet providers. We had estimates that went into the multi thousands. I went with the Container Store and the Elfa System. Easy to do; they're great to work with. You do have to do extensive measuring and planning (which is fun and creative) if you don't have a Elfa consultant close by. It saved us a huge amount of money. We don't have a Container Store close by so we had to order and pay for shipping -- well worth it. They system was easy to install and quickly finished. Good luck and have fun figuring it out for your new closet system.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here