Return to the Organizing the Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
finding things lost after house fire

Posted by ronbre (My Page) on
Wed, May 20, 09 at 10:16

Well we decided to put our soaker hoses out..we had soaker hoses as an irrigation system over the entire yard before the housefire..but they were ripped up and thrown SOMEWHERE before the house was torn down..and no one knew quite where??

well after a thorough search, we found boxes and boxes of old ripped up soaker hoses and connections..

so i spent yesterday and the day before sorthing through them, weeding out the holes and repairing them and getting them out..so i put soaker hoses on day before yesterday in the greenhouse and the veggie garden around it..then yesterday got the entire 45 x 45 berrie/nut/perennial veg garden done..not complete coverage but much better than it was with nothing..and last night I got about 80' of the front gardens mostly covered with soaker hoses..some spots wont' get wet..but most will.

there were a few sections left..i might actually be able to piece together enough to do one small section of our back yard shade garden..then i think i'll have run out..

also..this mess won't be stored somewhere taking up room..but will be out in the garden doing it's job..

I also had an old tackle box and i sorted all the connectors out and put them neatly in place in the old tackle box..and labeled it "soaker hose connections"..so now i don't have to wonder where they are any longer..(you always have some break and need replacing)..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: finding things lost after house fire

ronbre, how are your soaker hoses working now? Still in good order?

o
RE: finding things lost after house fire

i found 3 boxes of them and the connections, got them all out into the gardens over the past week and they are all working very well....sure better than schlepping hoses all over..glad i found them and got them installed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Organizing the Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here