Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tripletmom83

Where do you keep your shoes?

tripletmom83
10 years ago

Last night when I was taking off my jewelly and putting it away in my jewelry armoire, I thought about how convenient that was. If I had to keep them in a box on my closet floor I probably would wear the same thing every day and never put it away, just leave it on the nightstand. But of course that is exactly what happens with my shoes. I don't have a walk-in closet, so all my shoes are stacked on the closet floor, most in plastic boxes. It is so inconvenient to find what I need, and then to put them away. I tend to wear the same two or three pairs, and just leave them on the floor.
So this morning, I changed things up. First I put my "winter" shoes in an under the bed box, without the lid. I turned the lid upside down to use like a big tray. I put all the summer sandals that I wear on a daily basis on it and slid it under the foot of my bed. The rest of my shoes, that I wear only occasionally are still stacked in boxes on my closet floor, but there are far fewer and so they are more easily accessible. I am hoping this will help me keep my bedroom floor shoe-free.
Does anybody else have a better solution?

Comments (5)

• LuAnn_in_PA
    10 years ago

Shoes worn frequently are kept in the foyer coat closet.

• camlan
    10 years ago

I keep the three pairs of shoes I wear the most on the closet floor. No boxes, just flat on the floor. It's a small closet, there is only room for three pairs of shoes on the floor, once the hamper is in there as well.

The rest are in a shoe cabinet. However, I have a small bedroom and am probably going to get rid of the cabinet. I'll have to discard half the shoes and put the rest in a bin under my bed. Not ideal, but the best I can do with a small space.

My hiking boots and winter snow boots are by the front door, in a bin. (No coat closet.)

• emma
    10 years ago

My house slippers are on the floor in a corner in my master bath. Shoes I wear outside are in the entryway closet. My other shoes are in a shoe shelf on the top shelf of my walk in. Probably 12 pair some I rarely wear. AND not a pair of heels in the bunch. I love comfort.

• peegee
    10 years ago

My summer sandals and work shoes are kept in a hanging canvas shoe bag (holds 10 pair, vertical cubbies with room for another pair on top, several more underneath on floor) mounted to the wall in my bedroom sort of recessed a little out of plain sight in the narrow space between the closet wall and an antique wardobe. A few pair of (seldom used) sneakers etc. on the tiers of a shoe rack in the side of my small bedroom closet, slippers on the back wall of the closet in a traditional canvas shoe holder, boots in the entry closet, and all off season shoes except boots are in upstairs storage. This system works for me; when I had all my shoes in a pile in the entry closet, I never wore them, so agree with you wholeheartedly! With me, out of sight is not only inconvenient, but "out of mind" for lots of things, not only shoes. And it seems to be getting worse with age! Good idea - hope your plan works well!

• daybydaybyday
    10 years ago

I have heels I seldom wear (only on holidays, weddings, funerals) in plastic boxes stacked in the top of the guest bedroom closet.

I have an armoire in my bedroom that I installed more shelving in, and most of my shoes are in it. I didn't like taking off shoes I had been in all day and putting them in a closed closet where my fresh clothes were. I don't have a closet near my garage door or I'd keep them there.