Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maddiemom6

Kit-it

maddiemom6
18 years ago

I have been taking some time to make kits... you know grouping like project things together in a container so they are easy to find and easy to put away. Today I did two things with some of the tools I have been using while working in the bathroom. I put together a plumbing kit! In a large plastic lidded box ( like those triple sized shoe boxes) I put all the things I need when I am doing a plumbing project. Now this might not work for some but we have multiple of many tools so I am able to build multiple kits with the extras.

In the plumbing kit I put the pipe cutters, PVC glue/solvent, 2 adjustable wrenches, pipe compound, teflon tape, emergency repair tape and compression fittings to hold us until I can get to the store and the like. I also made a box for the plumbing bits that happen.. washers, odd connections,PVC parts, toilet bolts short sections of pipe and the like.

I did the same to tile tools and for the Mapp and butane torches. This way all I have to do is grab the box that best deals with the project I am working on!

I think this idea works for many things and can be applied from the garage to the laundryroom.

Maddiemom

Comments (2)