Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stephwebb_gw

Tips on storing multiple bicycles, scooters, etc?

stephwebb
16 years ago

My husband and I have 4 kids and we have 6 bikes, a bike trailer to hold 2 kids and four scooters that we store in half of our 2-car garage. Our whole family is pretty active and we take these out several times a week. I need to figure out a better way to store our bikes and scooters in our garage. They have taken over and keep falling over - it's a huge mess.

We have shelving and hanging tools on the walls of our garage so we do not have room for the wall-mounted bike storage systems I've seen in catalogs.

Also, I am not interested in hanging the bikes from the ceiling because I want our kids (ages 4 through 11) to be able to EASILY get their bike out so they can go riding at a moment's notice (and I don't want to have to get them up and down for them!)

Right now, the bikes keep falling over (kick stands don't seem to hold them up very well.) I bought a couple of small 18" tall free-standing bike racks that are supposed to hold 2 bikes each but these still didn't seem to work and the bikes fall over anyway.

I'm thinking I want to buying a bike rack sort of like the one on the following page

http://www.bikerackshops.com/TUBSR10.html

Does anyone have a better idea other than that? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor