Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
epek_gw

kitchen drawer organizer?

epek
15 years ago

Hello all,

I saw the perfect organizer for flatware and utensils, either here or on the kitchen forum. Now I can't find it. I believe it was a pegboard system, with small, varied dividers, making it totally customizable. As I recall, it came in different configurations. I guess it's a similar idea to the pegboard system for dishes, etc. It was perfect for our needs - I've spent the afternoon searching for it, to no avail! Any help gratefully appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)

• talley_sue_nyc
    15 years ago

try this one?

It's from Williams-Sonoma

Though, no, wait, i see that it's really more for deep drawers.

(I just did a Google search on "pegboard" and "drawer")

Here's another one, but it may not be as good for shallower cutlery drawers, since it's only pegs, no walls.

I haven't seen true pegboard for UTENSILS and flatware. Because you'd need walls between the pegs.

I *have* seen

These that can be placed exactly where you want them

Both use thin wooden slats; you can cut them from masonite or luaun plywood, or buy

There's a that I have had good luck with (and that someone else here tried and hated) (this link is The Container Store; I got mine at Target, not sure if they still carry it)

Could
    It has slats, not pegboard, but it's adjustable

• piegirltoo
    15 years ago

Here's a pegboard one from Hafele.

The divider slats are 4 3/4 inch tall. (you'll have to scroll down to see them.)

• epek
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you both! The kitchen demo started Monday and this was my first chance to check back.

What I think I remember (it was saved on my laptop, which subsequently crashed) was a system where the dividers weren't walls. I seem to remember "T"s and "L" which just dilineated areas without walling them off. I thought I remembered these parts fitting onto something like a pegboard. The idea of dividing the space without walling it off seemed to me to have a lot of advantages. If anything I've said jogs your memory, let me know!

In any case, I'm sure one of your suggestions will be fine. I so appreciate your taking the time to help me.

Thanks very much,
    epek

• epek
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I happily found the drawer organizer I was looking for. It's made by a drawer company called Valen. It's called a drawerganizer. It is similar to the Oxo, I believe. What I like is the total ability to customize easily. I don't yet know how much it costs or whether I can buy it directly, but I thought I would post the link.

Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to help! If anyone is interested, I'll let you know when I find out purchase info.

epek

Here is a link that might be useful: valen drawerganizer

• talley_sue_nyc
    15 years ago

Thanks for coming back w/ a update!

Those look neat.

I can see them taking up more vertical space (bcs of the thickness of the bottom piece) than I'd be willing to spare in my current (new) cabinet drawers.

What would be tempting is to replace the drawer boxes w/ this company's, having them use the pegboard as the actual drawer bottom (instead of setting the pegboard inside the drawer)